How to make a PayPal account:
1. If you want to make a PayPal account, you have to meet two initial requirements:
- to be at least 18 years old
- to be resident in one of the countries listed in PayPal Worldwide page.
Please verify first if your country is on that list and if you can use a credit card or a local bank account or both. If you are younger than 18, you can make a PayPal account on one of your family members' name who has the required age and use that one.
2. Visit then, https://paypal.com and choose from a list of 3 the accounts the one best suited for your needs:
- Personal account, for individuals who shop online – recommended
- Premier account, for individuals who buy and sell online - If you want to sell different things on eBay, for example, choose this one.
- Business account, for merchants who use a company or group name
What you need to know about these types of accounts:
The main difference between a Personal account and a Premier account is that with a Premier account you can accept payments by credit card from people that do not have a PayPal account.
- Both Personal and Premier accounts have limits. You can send, receive or withdraw to your card only a certain amount of money per year, depending on your country (the receiving limit can be around $3000 in some European countries).
- If you want to make unlimited payments or receive unlimited amounts or money, you need to have a business account. For this one, you need to have a small business in your country.
- PayPal allows you to have one Personal account and one Premier or Business account in the same time. However, each PayPal account must contain unique email addresses and financial information.
- You may upgrade your account at any time.
How to make a PayPal account in 3 steps:
Before starting to make a PayPal account, you need to have a good email account. The name of that account will be the name of your PayPal account. Therefore, choose a Yahoo or a Hotmail account because I have seen Gmail accounts deleted, and set up a strong password (8-15 characters). PayPal will send there confirmations for all operations made.
- Click the “Get Started“ button and you’ll be redirected to the form below. Fill it in with your real data. PayPal is a payment provider who looks and acts exactly like a bank. For verification reasons, you will be asked to submit later a scanned copy of a photo ID and a utility bill (electricity, gas, bank statement, credit card statement). Your data have to be real.
- In the course of the sign up process, you may be asked to enter a Credit Card number or a bank account (it is a different process from a country to another). Skip this part, uncheck "Link my credit card so I can start shopping right away”. You can add the Card or the bank account later.
- Confirm the email and you are done. Without a Credit Card or a bank account, you will have an unverified PayPal account where you can receive money from anyone. Many merchants do not accept payments from unverified PayPal accounts, so you will have to verify it in the end.
Some things you have to know about PayPal:
PayPal is the best payment provider that can be found on the internet now because it has the lowest possible fees. The only fee that applies is when you withdraw money to your card. Sending and receiving money have no fees.
- You made your PayPal account, and you notice that this one has low limits ($100). Don’t lift them until you are not ready to verify the account (you need a debit/credit card or a bank account, a scanned photo ID and a utility bill)
- Do not use a proxy server to access your PayPal account, do not access it from a location that is very far from your hometown (other country, for example). You will have problems (account restricted or banned).
- If you withdraw money for the first time or if you pay a large amount for something, you may be called on the phone by PayPal for verification reasons. You need to answer that phone.